Total Pageviews

Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes + Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting | DIY Halloween Treat

Hello Everybody! I got into a very fall like mood, and decided to bake some cupcakes! This week I am going to be showing you how to make some easy pumpkin spice cupcakes, with cinnamon cream cheese frosting. I used the website Allrecipes and followed most of the procedures there, but I changed a tiny bit of the ingredients, but they still turned out absolutely delicious! I completely recommend this recipe, it creates a delicious desert for the evening or even a sweet breakfast item! 


Ingredients for the cupcakes: 

 
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 cup white sugar

1/3 cup brown sugar

2 eggs, room temperature

3/4 cup milk

and of course the pumpkin puree! (1 cup)

Frosting Ingredients 


1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese

1/4 cup butter, softened

3 cups of confections sugar

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon 

_________________________________________________________________________________

This will make about 24 cupcakes, and as for the frosting I did one half of those ingredients because I'm not a huge frosting fan, but if you like a lot of frosting the above amounts are recommended.

Start by preheating your own to 375 degrees F, and line you cupcakes tin with liners. 
Then into a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Then set that aside. 
Next beat the white sugar, butter, and brown sugar into another mixing bowl until it is light and fluffy.
 This about the color it should look, after you beat together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
 Add in the room temperature eggs one at a time.
 Lastly, add in the milk and pumpkin puree, and beat it together.
 The batter should look something similar to this:
Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way up with the batter.

Bake them in the preheated over for about 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown at the top. Cool them for about 5 minutes, then place them onto a cooling rack. 


While the cupcakes are cooling, it't time to make the frosting! To start, beat together the softened butter and cream cheese. 
 Add in the sugar, then cinnamon, and vanilla extract.


Lastly, my favorite part is decorating them! I didn't do much with these cupcakes, but if you have fall/halloween sprinkles I recommend decorating them with those! I did some as more of a muffin with a tiny bit of frosting, and others with much more frosting! These delicious treats are good for parties, and they are really fun to make with friends! 


I hope you enjoyed this weeks blog post! I had a ton of fun making these cupcakes, and I totally recommend these. They taste absolutely incredible! Don't forget to store these into air tight containers, or put plastic wrap over the top of them.  These cupcakes totally remind me of the fall time, which is one of my favorite parts of the year. They are super festive, and if you added some sprinkles they would be even cuter! Unfortunately, I didn't have any fall sprinkles, so I just kept it simple. I also had an idea if you wanted to create these as more of a muffin style, you could add in some chocolate chips into the batter and not use any frosting. I have't tried it before, but pumpkin and chocolate definitely makes for a good combination. I also realized I'm not a big fan of pumpkin pie, but I absolutely love these cupcakes, they aren't too sweet and the frosting tastes super good with the cupcakes!

I also looking forward to some more halloween and fall related posts. I created a poll, and I would appreciate if you could vote of some of the options you would like to see in the future! If you want to see more baking posts I would love to make them too, maybe some Christmas cookies, or a layered cake! I have gotten more and more into baking recently, and found that I really enjoy doing it. 

Well, that's all for now, bye!
~ Marea

No comments:

Post a Comment