Total Pageviews

Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2015

2 Easy Hairstyles | For School

Hello again! While looking through my poll I noticed that the "easy hairstyles" column had the most votes, so I decided to show you guys two easy hairstyles for school, or really any day during the week! These are personally two of my favorite hairstyles to do because they are quick, simple, and cute! I also recently cut off about eight inches of my hair, and I used to do these before I cut my hair so both of these hairstyles work for short and long hair. If you find this hard to follow, I recommend going onto YouTube and looking up hairstyles, because from watching many videos it helped me learn! If you interested in some more complicated hairstyles I recommend checking out CuteGirlsHairstyles, they have many cool hair tutorials that were really helpful to me when I practiced braiding. Anyway, let's get on into a couple of my favorite easy school hairstyles!

These are the two hairstyles I will be showing you how to do:
 This one is a double twist pinned towards the back, I am calling this one the "Double Twist Pullback."
Then this one is a french dutch braid into a half up half done, this one is a bit more challenging. I am calling this hairstyle "Dutch Braid Half up Half Down"

Double Twist Pullback

Items Needed: Brush, bobby pins, hairspray {optional}

Time Requirement: 3 minutes

Skill Level: Easy

1. Part your hair, you can have any part you would like I just prefer it slightly to the side
2. Pick up a small section of hair and split into 2 sections, then gradually add small chunks at a time at the front of your face. Keep doing this till you have the amount of hair you like.
3. Then pick up another section and tuck the twist underneath, last pin in place.
4. Repeat to the other side, and use a little hairspray to hold it all together







Dutch Braid Half up Half Down

Items Needed: Brush, bobby pins, hair elastics, comb for parting, and hairspray {optional}

Time Requirement: 10-15 minutes

Skill Level: Medium

1. Start by parting your hair much deeper on one side than the other, then part from your ear to the top, and secure the rest of your hair into a ponytail to keep it out of the way.
2. Pick up a small section to start your braid off, and gradually add hair to both sides after each stich of the braid. Braid underneath instead of on top, to get the illusion that it is "popping out" and not blending into your head. Then secure that with a smaller hair elastic.
3. Use your fingers to part the rest of your hair and add the braid in, then secure that with another elastic.
4. Brush through the rest of your hair, add a little hairspray or some bobby pins to fix any bumps, and you're finished!





I hope you enjoyed those hairstyles, and that this blog post was helpful! This was a ton of fun to make, and I completely recommend these for school, they don't take much time at all and they look really cute! I've worn these many times to school, and have received many compliments when wearing them :) Until next time!

~ Marea

No comments:

Post a Comment