Total Pageviews

Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Story Time | A Squirrel in the Toilet?! PT. 2

If you are interested in the rest of this story here is part two:
_________________________________________________________________________________

        Twenty minutes later I hear the key jiggle in the door knob, I see my dad walk through the doors, and we grab some paper towels just in case it drips onto the carpet, and run back to the bathroom. 
My dad takes the books off the toilet seat, then opens the lid to the toilet. He slowly brings the tongs towards the toilet bowl.  At this point the baby ground squirrel wasn’t moving much so it went pretty smoothly from there. Luckily, there was a sliding door that went outside from my parents room, so we put the squirrel down outside on the deck.
The squirrel was very wet, and the weather was freezing cold so we grabbed a blow dryer and to attempted to dry it off. He didn’t move much and we all felt sad for it. After awhile of drying it off outside in the cold winter evening, we turned off the dryer.
The four of us headed inside and every once in awhile checked on it, but it was still there.  After about an hour my friend left, and the next day we went outside to see if the squirrel was still there, sadly, it was still there and it died. We couldn’t leave it laying on the deck so my brother and I decided to burry it. We have a pretty big backyard, that’s actually very good for sledding so there was plenty of open space to bury it. My brother and I put on snow clothes and headed out in the cold. Put on many layers, grabbed a some disposable gloves, and the same pair of tongs we used earlier. Even though the squirrel was already dead, we still carefully picked up the squirrel. We used the tongs and picked it up. The front and end of the ground squirrel limped forward and backwards, while we walked to the area where we were going to burry it. Once we put it down, my brother, dad, and I all worked together to dig a deep whole through the snow into the ground. Once we finished that, we took the squirrel and gently placed it into the hole, we pushed the snow back over the hole and pressed the snow down. 
We all walked back up to the house, enjoyed a cup delicious Ghirardelli of hot chocolate, and chatted about the weird weekend we had. Although that weekend definitely made for a good story to tell my friends. Now, I’m not sure as to how the squirrel made it into my parents toilet in the very back of my house, but somehow it did! Although, my mom and I concluded that it must of ran through the garage and when my brother left the door open and it came through. Somehow, none of us managed to notice a baby squirrel in our house! And that is one memory I will never forget.
      Fast forward to two years later, my dad had mentioned that maybe the squirrel would have disintegrated into the ground so my brother and I rushed outside one summer to check and see. Grabbed the shovels, and dug into the ground, but the farther and farther we dug there was nothing there. To this day, I think that the squirrel must have disintegrated because no matter how far or how wide we dug we couldn’t find it. 
THE END
Here is another picture of a ground squirrel that made me laugh, haha :)
Image Courtesy of: Google

Sorry that my blog is so all over the place, I am still trying to figure some things out but I hope you enjoyed reading this! Hope you have a nice day!
Bye! ~ Marea

No comments:

Post a Comment